Pre-Made Lobbying Materials
If you're going to meet with your Senator or Representative to talk to them about the Mobile Workforce State Tax Simplification Act, you can download our lobby packet here. It contains (click on individual titles to view or download individual PDFs, or download the whole packet in one PDF below):
- What's the Problem? | Explains the issues with the current nonresident state income tax system.
- Our Solution | Explains the legislation and how it addresses the problems with the current system.
- Frequently Asked Questions | Answers to common questions on this issue.
- Map of Employer Withholding Requirements by State | Outlines the patchwork of state laws making up the current system.
- Current Coalition Supporters | List of organizations that have signed on to the Mobile Workforce Coalition.
- Precedents to Congressional Action on Mobile Workforce | Explains that the authority of Congress to legislate on this issue is long established.
- Examples of State-Level Support | Discusses recent examples of state organizations supporting this type of legislation.
- Compromise Provisions | Coalition efforts to incorporate feedback to our original legislation.
- Employer Experiences | Stories from employers attempting to comply with the current system.
You can also download the full lobby packet in one easy-to-print and easy-to-email PDF, request a state-specific cover page (with information on your state's current laws and coalition footprint), request talking points and tips for responding to common arguments, or download the legislative language.
Please contact Maureen Riehl at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sponsorship levels.
Or, click the button to donate to the coalition.
Send a message to your Representative or Senator and ask them to support the Mobile Workforce bill. All you have to do is input your name and address, and we do the rest. There are options to share personal stories, too. Voice your support now!